HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:13 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

On a brighter note, Tulip's three babies are now old enough to be separated from Mum. They are busy exploring their new run, and Mum is having some well deserved peace & quiet!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:44 pm

Dandelion has been to Tom the vet today, he is making good progress with his walking but his tail has a wound which isn't healing so he's now on antibiotics. That might help his walking too.

Horace went to see the vets last week. He's struggling with what appears to be fluke worms and is on profender de-wormer. Having stopped eating altogether when this hot weather started, he's regained his appetite and even put on a little weight in the last two days. Fingers crossed he continues to make progress.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:51 pm

073 has just arrived, 113g boy, now named Button cos he's as cute as! Tucking into some food - I don't think he's ever seen so much - he felt the need to trample all through it first though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:40 pm

Button (073) has put me through an emotional rollercoaster today. He had taken a turn for the worse overnight, and was really flat this morning and struggling to breath. At about 10am I was convinced he wasn't going to make it. But after fluids, liquid glucose & a heat mat (yes even in this weather) and he's back on his feet and interested in food again. Fingers crossed he continues to improve.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:49 pm

Sadly Button hasn't made it, he passed away this morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:09 pm

1 year, 1 month & 1 day after she was born in my house, Sita has finally been released to the wild After a month in a very large pen in my garden with different surfaces, her club foot has shown no sign of sores despite the fact that she walks on the top, rather than the pad. In fact a callous has built up and seems to be protecting it. I've released her in my own garden anyway so I can keep a close eye on her. Hopefully I'll see her on camera tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:06 am

Sita has moved out of the soft release pen, into a house 3ft away!! Tulip's 3 babies (pink, blue & yellow) are running riot in the large pen. I've just seen Pink politely huffing away at a wildie Tyrion through the bars from a distance. Tyrion turned away, and Yellow spotted his chance to bravely bite Tyrion on the bum through the bars and go into a self-anointing frenzy LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:27 am

Blind Tulip has moved into Sita's old pen. I'll give her a couple of days to get familiar with the new house, and then try her in a larger space to see how she gets on. Her babies are very close to release weight now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:53 am

Blue & Yellow, Tulip's two boys, have gone off to their new home with Tulip's finder, thanks Sara Messenger, that was 4 lives you saved that day Her girl Pink will be with me a couple more days to put on a little more weight before release.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:07 am

Juvenile admitted today but sadly PTS immediately due to a dog bite wound which had crushed its skull, caused damage to its windpipe & eye, and it was suffering from flystrike. At least its no longer suffering.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:16 pm

Another juvenile admitted this evening, a girl this time. It has a badly broken & infected rear leg. Waiting for the vets to phone me back about an amputation, its already on painkillers etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:26 pm

Sadly Thursday's admission didn't survive the amputation operation and passed away at the vets. On a brighter note Dandelion is now fully healed. He joined me in May dragging both hind legs. There were no breaks so it must have been severe bruising causing the issue. He is now walking normally and will be off to a good release site on Tues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:24 am

Tulip the blind hedgehog - her lack of sight has not affected her climbing ability or her desire for a good sightseeing spot!
As soon as Dandelion is released next week Tulip can have access to the large run to see how she copes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:58 am

Today's female is not in a good way - the wound on her back is infected, lots of cheesy pus in there. She cant put weight on the front leg with the wound and she also appears to have a injury to her tongue which is swollen. Back to the vets tomorrow to see if she can be saved
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:05 pm

New arrival #78 in tonight, a female autumn juvenile at 420g. Hoping this will just be a case of de-worming her. #77 "Spikerina" is doing well with her de-worming, and has increased from 489g to 690g. She should be ready for release next week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:11 am

078 wont be very impressed with her injection schedule - she has crenosoma (in the video) and capillaria (not shown) worms in her poo sample.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:18 pm

#078 (now named Willow) has been to the vets tonight, there is something going on with her eyes so she's been put on eye drops for the time being. If that doesn't work she'll be back for a whiff of gas for a good exploration, but this buys her some time to build up her strength as she is being treated for lungworm. She expressed her feelings about the event by pooing & weeing on the vet's table!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:56 am

#077 "Spikerina" is ready for release having been dewormed. She came in at 489g and is now 783g
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:13 am

I've just pulled Sita back in from my garden, she is covered in ticks and has lost a bit of weight, but her foot is doing well. I might need to keep her in for de-worming so I'm waiting for a poo sample.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:24 pm

Willow is off to the vets tomorrow to have her eyes examined under anaesthetic, she's been on eye drops for the last week whilst she built up her strength, but I'm fairly sure she has lost sight in her right eye.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Willow is back from the vets, they've confirmed that due to an injury she has lost the use of her right eye but its healed well and there is no need for surgical intervention. Her left eye is normal, and so she is still releasable which is excellent news for Willow. She still needs to finish her de-worming treatment though and get up to hibernation weight so she'll be with me a couple more weeks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:19 am

Now I know why Sita has been ultra grumpy for the last couple of days. I thought it was just the levacide jabs and her usual sweet nature LOL, but tonight I've found babies. I'm now very hands off!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:30 am

A quick update; Tulip is in hibernation at present, Willow is doing well - up to 690g and recovered from her worms & mites. Her right eye is healed but sightless but her left eye fine. Sita appears to be a good mum - I still don't know how many babies she has, but I managed to move the whole nest box to a clean cage today with a larger nest box in it, so I'm hoping she might do a nest move in the next few days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:44 am

#079 has arrived tonight, a little 158g female found wandering around the local Rolls Royce site today. she's tucked up with a heat pad & kitten food, & I'm now waiting a poo sample to check.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:31 am

Little Rose is now up to 185g which is good progress, and it appears she will have a couple of playmates soon. Sita has 2 baby girls, now 13 days old and eyes about to open any day now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   

Back to top Go down

Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next